- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Loren H. Schwieger, 76, of Olmsted died Friday, May 30, 2008, at his home.
He was born Oct. 21, 1931, in Pulaski County, Ill., son of Otto and Louise (Dagner) Schwieger. He and Carolyn Basse were married Dec. 2, 1951.
He was a member of Olmsted United Methodist Church. He served his country honorably in the U.S. Army in Korea. He owned and operated Schwieger Construction Co. until his retirement. He was a member of Carpenters Local 640.
He is survived by his wife; a daughter, Rebecca (Phillip) Davis of Grand Chain, Ill.; three sisters, Louise Golightly and Thelma Bagby, both of Olmsted, and Ruth Wasson of Metropolis, Ill.; and three granddaughters, Amy, Andrea and Amber Davis.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Norman, Raymond and Cecil.
Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Olmsted United Methodist Church.
Funeral will be at noon Tuesday at the church, with Phillip Davis and the Rev. Pete Ryan officiating. Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.,
Crain Funeral Home in Ullin, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.