- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Daniel Lee Sterling, 53, passed away Saturday, May 31, 2008, at his home in Jackson.
He was born July 16, 1954, in St. Louis, to Willis D. and Lillie N. McCalmon Sterling. He and Susan Kuehn were married April 12, 1980, in Jackson.
Dan graduated from Perryville High School. He worked 23 years at ARI in Jackson, during which time he completed a bachelor's degree in industrial technology through Sterling University.
He was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.
Loving survivors include his wife of 28 years, Susan, of Jackson; two sons, Christopher (Jessica) Sterling and their son, Alex, of Jackson, Scott (Kara) Sterling of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Amy Sterling of Jackson; three brothers, Mark Sterling of Perryville, Mo., Willis C. Sterling of St. Louis, Rick Sterling of Perryville; four sisters, Glenda Byrams of Ellis Grove, Ill., Connie (Craig) Cambron and Paula Cox, both of Perryville, Karon (Clifford) Schmidt of Altenburg, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Louise Flanigan of St. Louis; mother-in-law, Mary Kuehn of Jackson; and several brothers- and sisters-in-law.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother; two sisters and his father-in-law.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 3, 2008, at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rice officiating.
Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials are suggested to New McKendree United Methodist Church (Celebration Center). Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.