- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Nancy Joann Williams, 58, of Keokuk, Iowa, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, May 27, 2008, at the Keokuk Area Medical Center.
She was born July 19, 1949, in St. Louis, daughter of Edward Carl and Marian Marcella Wilson Starke. She and C. Kenneth Williams were married Oct. 15, 1983; he died May 6, 2002.
Williams lived in Cape Girardeau for many years. She was a preneed counselor for several of the area funeral homes and was a licensed funeral director.
Survivors include her father of Crestwood, Mo.; a daughter, Elizabeth Ponder of Benton, Mo.; and her stepmother, Elsie M. Starke of Crestwood.
Graveside services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.
Shelby Funeral Home of East Prairie, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.