- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
LEOPOLD, Mo. — Beatrice Jane Landewee, 93, of Leopold died Thursday, May 29, 2008, at Elder Care of Marble Hill, Mo.
She was born March 22, 1915, in Leopold, daughter of Anthony and Rose Van Doren Stoverink. She and Herman Henry Landewee were married Aug. 25, 1937. He died Aug. 14, 1990.
Mrs. Landewee was a homemaker and a member of St. John's Catholic Church and St. Ann's Sodality.
Survivors include three sons, Alvin Landewee of Jackson, Bill (Glenda) and Paul (Joyce) Landewee of Leopold; two daughters, Cecilia (Melvin) Glastetter of New Hamburg, Mo., Catherine Engelen of Leopold; a brother-in-law, Lawrence Eeftink of Glennon, Mo.; two sisters-in-law, Magdalen Stoverink of Leopold and Irene Stoverink of Jackson; 19 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, six brothers, three sisters, a grandson and a son-in-law.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. Parish prayers and Knights of Columbus rosary will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. John's Catholic Church, with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating. Burial will follow in St. John's Church Cemetery.