- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ben Stocks Sr.
Ben Stocks Sr.
SEDGEWICKVILLE, Mo. -- Ben Louis Stocks Sr., 75, of Sedgewickville died Saturday, May 31, 2008, at his daughter's residence.
He was born Sept. 2, 1932, at Greenville, N.C. He and Elizabeth Ann James were united in marriage on June 9, 1957.
Mr. Stocks worked as a construction supervisor in North Carolina and was a member of the People's Baptist Temple in Greenville. He served his country proudly in the United States Army.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth, of Greenville; two sons, Ben (Denise) Stocks Jr. of Greenville, Mike (Patricia) Stocks of Grifton, N.C.; two daughters, Sharon Ruth Stocks Degiosio of Sedgewickville, Vicki (Pete) Sawyer of Winterville, N.C.; and five grandchildren. His faithful dog Boo Boo was with him until his death.
He is preceded in death by his parents, one brother and one sister.
Private burial will be at a later date.
Liley Funeral Home in Patton is in charge of arrangements.