- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Catherine T. Buie, 79, of Cairo died Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 30, 1924, in Cairo, daughter of Horace and Ida Harris Tilford.
Buie was a graduate of Shawnee College School of Nursing. She had been a licensed practical nurse at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky. She was a member of Tigert Memorial United Methodist Church, American Legion and VFW Auxiliaries.
Survivors include a son, Lon Buie of Orlando, Fla.; and two granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 4 to 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating. Burial will be in Beechwood Cemetery at Mounds, Ill.