- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Clodene Grant, 97, of Hot Springs Village, Ark., died Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2007, at Good Samaritan Healthcare Facility.
She was born June 14, 1910, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Robert M. and Daisy Mae Cowan. She married Robert K. Grant, who died in 1993.
Grant worked with her husband at Grant Sporting Goods Store in Columbia, Mo. She was active in the original community of Hot Springs Village, where she was a resident since 1973.
She was a charter member of Cedar Mountain Ambulance Service, member of Hot Springs Village Women's Club, Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church and its Women's Club.
Survivors include two sons, Robert Grant II of Naples, Fla., Thomas Grant of Hot Springs Village; three grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sibling.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson, with Monsignor Edward Eftink officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.