- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Dog attacks 2 boys in Jefferson County
FENTON, Mo. (AP) -- Two 12-year-old Jefferson County boys are recovering after being attacked by a dog that got out of a fenced yard.
The incident happened Wednesday morning in Fenton. The sheriff's department says the first boy was walking to a school bus stop when the mixed-breed dog attacked. A parent struck the dog with a rock to make it stop.
Later, another 12-year-old also walking to a bus stop was attacked. An apartment complex maintenance man pulled the dog from the victim.
Both boys were hospitalized with what officials call non-life threatening injuries.
The dog's owner agreed to allow the animal to be euthanized. She was unaware the dog had gotten out of the yard.
Prosecutors have not decided whether to file charges.