- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Dog attacks 2 boys in Jefferson County
FENTON, Mo. (AP) -- Two 12-year-old Jefferson County boys are recovering after being attacked by a dog that got out of a fenced yard.
The incident happened Wednesday morning in Fenton. The sheriff's department says the first boy was walking to a school bus stop when the mixed-breed dog attacked. A parent struck the dog with a rock to make it stop.
Later, another 12-year-old also walking to a bus stop was attacked. An apartment complex maintenance man pulled the dog from the victim.
Both boys were hospitalized with what officials call non-life threatening injuries.
The dog's owner agreed to allow the animal to be euthanized. She was unaware the dog had gotten out of the yard.
Prosecutors have not decided whether to file charges.