- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Robbery closes Kingshighway, Kingsway
A possible armed robbery shut down part of Kingshighway around 6 p.m. today.
Cape Girardeau police responded to a call of a robbery at Medicap Pharmacy, 1020 N. Kingshighway. Police said that the robbery suspect had rushed into the pharmacy making demands, saying he had a weapon, though the Southeast Missourian has not confirmed whether or not the suspect actually had a weapon.
Police closed Kingshighway, between Cape Rock Drive and Hopper Road and Kingsway, which runs parallel to the east of Kingshighway, was also closed in that same section, according to Cape Girardeau Police Officer Freddie Hill.
The suspect was arrested a short time ago.
Police secured the scene shortly after the call, and an employee rushed out the back. The suspect remained inside, where police continued to negotiate with him for about a half an hour.
The robbery attempt is the second at a Medicap Pharmacy this month. On May 14, two brothers from Auxvasse, Mo., allegedly tried to rob a Medicap in Scott City using a knife and a fake bomb.
Look for more on this story later at www.semissourian.com or in Thursday's print edition of the Southeast Missourian.