- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Robbery closes Kingshighway, Kingsway
A possible armed robbery shut down part of Kingshighway around 6 p.m. today.
Cape Girardeau police responded to a call of a robbery at Medicap Pharmacy, 1020 N. Kingshighway. Police said that the robbery suspect had rushed into the pharmacy making demands, saying he had a weapon, though the Southeast Missourian has not confirmed whether or not the suspect actually had a weapon.
Police closed Kingshighway, between Cape Rock Drive and Hopper Road and Kingsway, which runs parallel to the east of Kingshighway, was also closed in that same section, according to Cape Girardeau Police Officer Freddie Hill.
The suspect was arrested a short time ago.
Police secured the scene shortly after the call, and an employee rushed out the back. The suspect remained inside, where police continued to negotiate with him for about a half an hour.
The robbery attempt is the second at a Medicap Pharmacy this month. On May 14, two brothers from Auxvasse, Mo., allegedly tried to rob a Medicap in Scott City using a knife and a fake bomb.
Look for more on this story later at www.semissourian.com or in Thursday's print edition of the Southeast Missourian.