- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Accident spills corn syrup on I-270
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. (AP) -- An accident on a busy St. Louis-area interstate leaves a sticky mess.
The wreck happened Wednesday morning on Interstate 270 and involved four vehicles, including a tractor-trailer hauling corn syrup. Four people were hurt, but none of the injuries were believed to be life-threatening.
About 350 gallons of corn syrup leaked onto the roadway and into a drainage ditch. Another tractor-trailer involved in the wreck leaked about 100 gallons of diesel fuel. A car and a pickup were also involved.
The wreck forced the closure of two lanes of traffic, leading to a long jam for morning commuters.