- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Accident spills corn syrup on I-270
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. (AP) -- An accident on a busy St. Louis-area interstate leaves a sticky mess.
The wreck happened Wednesday morning on Interstate 270 and involved four vehicles, including a tractor-trailer hauling corn syrup. Four people were hurt, but none of the injuries were believed to be life-threatening.
About 350 gallons of corn syrup leaked onto the roadway and into a drainage ditch. Another tractor-trailer involved in the wreck leaked about 100 gallons of diesel fuel. A car and a pickup were also involved.
The wreck forced the closure of two lanes of traffic, leading to a long jam for morning commuters.