- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Hazel J. Sauerbrunn, 88, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, May 27, 2008, at Jonesboro Rehab and Health Care Center.
She was born Jan. 2, 1920, in Jonesboro, daughter of William Howard and Charlotte Mae Sensmeier Brown. She and Ernest Sauerbrunn were married Aug. 31, 1942, in Jonesboro.
Sauerbrunn was a member of Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jonesboro. She was employed by GTE 40 years. She was a member of A-J Garden Club and volunteered at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Marion, Ill.
Survivors include two daughters, Charlotte Abernethy of Griffith, Ind., Cindy Henley of Goreville, Ill.; a sister, Millie Brown of Jonesboro; a brother, Winford Brown of Anna, Ill.; and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, with David Eidson officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.