- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Missouri heads to Miami for NCAA regional
COLUMBIA, Mo. — The road to the College World Series for No. 12 Missouri starts with a trip to top-ranked Miami.
The Tigers (38-19) had hoped to land a spot as one of 16 regional hosts, but an up-and-down season and an early exit from the Big 12 tournament has the team headed to south Florida for the double-elimination bracket.
Missouri, the bracket's second seed, faces third seed Mississippi (37-24) at noon Friday. Miami (47-8) and Bethune-Cookman (36-20) complete the bracket. First-round winners play Saturday, with the championship games Sunday and if necessary Monday.