- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MoDOT announces work on several roads in area this week
MoDOT has several road work projects planned this week on local roads.
Bainbridge Road (County Road 306) in Cape Girardeau County will be reduced to one lane today while crews work on the Interstate 55 overpass. Weather permitting, repairs will be made in both the eastbound and westbound lanes from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., according to MoDOT.
Part of William Street (Route K) in Cape Girardeau will be reduced to one lane Thursday night and Friday morning while crews patch the roadway. Weather permitting, the patching will begin in the eastbound lanes of the I-55 overpass at 10 p.m. Thursday. All lanes should reopen by 6 a.m. Friday.
Work on Route A will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday while crews patch the roadway at the intersection of Route A and County Road 233.
Crews will work on various locations of Highway 77 in Scott County starting Wednesday. MoDOT crews will be patching the roadway one-half mile north of Route A at Chaffee, Mo., from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday. The highway will be reduced to one lane. Lane reductions on Highway 77 will also take place from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday a half-mile north of County Road 264 near Caney Creek and a half-mile south of County Road 248 while crews perform routine bridge maintenance.
For more information on the projects, call MoDOT at 888-275-6636.