- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Sandra Lynnette Helms, 58, of Sikeston died Monday, Aug. 2, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Oct. 12, 1945, at Sikeston, daughter of Dewey and Jewell Hicks Ramsey. She and William "Bill" Helms III were married March 6, 1992, in Sikeston.
Helms was an assistant cashier at First Midwest Bank.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Suzi Manes of Batesville, Ark., Leslie DeMonia of Harrah, Okla.; two sons, Michael Holden of St. Louis, Russell Helms of Jackson, Tenn.; her mother of Clinton, Ky.; a brother, Billy Ramsey of Omaha, Neb.; three sisters, Linda LaBron of Oakland, Calif., Carolyn Newson of Sikeston, Barbara Mullins of Clinton; and seven grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Emmanuel Baptist Church, with the Rev. Tom McCanless officiating. Burial will be in Matthews Cemetery at Matthews, Mo.