- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
A K-9 dog is earning his keep in Scott County. Last September the Scott County K-9 unit assisted the Miner Police Department with a vehicle search. The dog sniffed out almost $150,000 in cash. Since the money was found to be related to illegal drug activities, it was forfeited, and Scott County's share was $59,000.
Now a portion of the money has been used to purchase a new vehicle for the K-9 unit, replacing a high-mileage car. That's an impressive record for a four-legged, furry member of the sheriff's department. Meanwhile, the dog is ready for his next assignment -- and hasn't even thought of asking for a bonus.