- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)25
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
A K-9 dog is earning his keep in Scott County. Last September the Scott County K-9 unit assisted the Miner Police Department with a vehicle search. The dog sniffed out almost $150,000 in cash. Since the money was found to be related to illegal drug activities, it was forfeited, and Scott County's share was $59,000.
Now a portion of the money has been used to purchase a new vehicle for the K-9 unit, replacing a high-mileage car. That's an impressive record for a four-legged, furry member of the sheriff's department. Meanwhile, the dog is ready for his next assignment -- and hasn't even thought of asking for a bonus.