- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lena Opha Mabuce Foster, 94, of Springfield, Mo., died Monday, May 26, 2008, at her home.
She was born Aug. 12, 1913, in Marquand, Mo., daughter of Frederick and Denny Hahn Mabuce. She and Glenn A. Foster were married Aug. 14, 1937, in Kansas City, Mo. He died May 2, 1998.
Foster was a member of First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She graduated from Missouri Baptist Nursing School in 1934. She had been employed at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was a practicing registered nurse 44 years. She was a nursing home inspector for the state of Missouri until she retired. She moved from Jackson to Springfield in 2001.
Survivors include three sons, Paul Foster and wife Lee of Nixa, Mo., Glenn Foster Jr. and wife Jo of Terre Haute, Ind., James Foster of Nixa; a special friend, Karen Fraley of Springfield; 10 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home today from 11 a.m. to service time.
The service will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bruce Gentry officiating. Burial will be in Fairmont Cemetery.