- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Scott City volleyballer going to Colorado Springs
Katie Hogan, a 14 year old eighth-grader at Scott City Middle School, has been selected to attend the US Amateur Volleyball Association's tryouts in Colorado this August. The tryouts will be held at the United States Olympic Training Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO, August 2-6.
Hogan is a 6'1" middle spiker. She has helped lead her junior high team to 2 undefeated seasons at Scott City, going 22-0 over the two seasons.
She was selected as 1 of 34 girls out of over 3,000 other players that tried to make the select team nationwide.