- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Scott City volleyballer going to Colorado Springs
Katie Hogan, a 14 year old eighth-grader at Scott City Middle School, has been selected to attend the US Amateur Volleyball Association's tryouts in Colorado this August. The tryouts will be held at the United States Olympic Training Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO, August 2-6.
Hogan is a 6'1" middle spiker. She has helped lead her junior high team to 2 undefeated seasons at Scott City, going 22-0 over the two seasons.
She was selected as 1 of 34 girls out of over 3,000 other players that tried to make the select team nationwide.