- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Scott City volleyballer going to Colorado Springs
Katie Hogan, a 14 year old eighth-grader at Scott City Middle School, has been selected to attend the US Amateur Volleyball Association's tryouts in Colorado this August. The tryouts will be held at the United States Olympic Training Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO, August 2-6.
Hogan is a 6'1" middle spiker. She has helped lead her junior high team to 2 undefeated seasons at Scott City, going 22-0 over the two seasons.
She was selected as 1 of 34 girls out of over 3,000 other players that tried to make the select team nationwide.