- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Scott City volleyballer going to Colorado Springs
Katie Hogan, a 14 year old eighth-grader at Scott City Middle School, has been selected to attend the US Amateur Volleyball Association's tryouts in Colorado this August. The tryouts will be held at the United States Olympic Training Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO, August 2-6.
Hogan is a 6'1" middle spiker. She has helped lead her junior high team to 2 undefeated seasons at Scott City, going 22-0 over the two seasons.
She was selected as 1 of 34 girls out of over 3,000 other players that tried to make the select team nationwide.