- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Scott City volleyballer going to Colorado Springs
Katie Hogan, a 14 year old eighth-grader at Scott City Middle School, has been selected to attend the US Amateur Volleyball Association's tryouts in Colorado this August. The tryouts will be held at the United States Olympic Training Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO, August 2-6.
Hogan is a 6'1" middle spiker. She has helped lead her junior high team to 2 undefeated seasons at Scott City, going 22-0 over the two seasons.
She was selected as 1 of 34 girls out of over 3,000 other players that tried to make the select team nationwide.