- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Scott City volleyballer going to Colorado Springs
Katie Hogan, a 14 year old eighth-grader at Scott City Middle School, has been selected to attend the US Amateur Volleyball Association's tryouts in Colorado this August. The tryouts will be held at the United States Olympic Training Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO, August 2-6.
Hogan is a 6'1" middle spiker. She has helped lead her junior high team to 2 undefeated seasons at Scott City, going 22-0 over the two seasons.
She was selected as 1 of 34 girls out of over 3,000 other players that tried to make the select team nationwide.