- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
* Capahas camp: The Plaza Tire Capahas will hold their annual baseball camp June 9 and 10 at Capaha Field. The camp will be from 8 a.m. to noon June 9 and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 10, with lunch served at noon June 10. The camp, which will be broken into age brackets and skill levels, is for boys and girls ages 7 through 17. Areas that will be covered include hitting, fielding, pitching, catching, base running, rules, signs, stretching, nutrition and sportsmanship. Instructors will include Capahas manager Jess Bolen and his players, area high school coaches, Southeast Missouri State coaches and trainers from Southeast Missouri Hospital and HealthPoint Fitness. Cost: $65 per person, which includes a Capahas logo T-shirt. Info: 335-6644.
* Southeast Missouri State girls camps: The Southeast Missouri State women's basketball program will host three camps conducted by Southeast coach John Ishee, his assistants, Redhawks players, and other coaches and players from the region. A skills camp for grades 3 through 12 will be June 2 through 5. Cost: $140, with lunch provided daily. A team camp for high school varsity, high school junior varsity, junior high school and club teams will be June 13 and 14. Cost: $175, with dorm and meals included. There is a team rate of $300 (12 players maximum), with teams providing their own room and board. An elite camp for grades 8 through 12 will be June 20 through 22. Cost: $110, or $145 with lunch and dinner, or $200 with all meals and dorm. Info: 986-6168 or 651-2113.
* Girls camp: Jackson will host a summer camp from June 2 to 5 at the multipurpose field house at the high school. Coach Sheila Haertling will lead the camp. The camp for girls entering grades 3 to 5 will run from 3:30 to 5 p.m. The camp for girls entering grades 6 and 7 will run from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The camp for girls entering grades 8 and 9 will run from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Cost: $40, which includes a basketball and T-shirt. Info or to register: Coach Haertling, 1340 Greenleaf Ave., Jackson, Mo. 63755.
* Central camps: Central will host camps for boys entering grades kindergarten through 8. The camps will focus on basic fundamentals and be run by varsity boys coach Drew Church and his assistant coaches. For the June 10 to 12 camp, grades kindergarten through 4 will go from 8 to 10 a.m., grades 5 and 6 will go from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and grades 7 and 8 will go from 2 to 4:30 p.m. For the July 8 to 10 camp, grades kindergarten through 4 will go from 8 to 10 a.m., grades 5 and 6 will go from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and grades 7 and 8 will go from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Cost: $35 for grades kindergarten through 4 for each camp; $45 for grades 5 through 8 for each camp, which includes a T-shirt. Info: Drew Church, 335-8228.
* Central girls camp: Central will host a camp for girls entering grades 7 to 12 at the high school from June 16 to 19. It will run from 9 a.m. to noon. Coach Sherri Shirrell will lead the camp. Cost: $35, which includes a T-shirt. Info or to register: Sherri Shirrell, 335-8467 or 335-8228.
* Catch and release day: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor the 20th annual youth catch and release fishing day June 7 at the Capaha Park pond. It will run from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Children ages 1 to 15 are invited to bring their own pole and bait to try their luck. Prizes will be given for the biggest and smallest fish, and lunch will be provided. Info: 334-2859 or 335-5421.
* Chaffee Booster Club: The Chaffee Booster Club will hold its inaugural golf tournament Friday at the Sikeston Bootheel Golf Club. Registration for the four-person scramble will begin at 11:30 a.m., with lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. There will be a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost: $65 per person, which includes golf, cart, range balls and lunch. Info: Jim Chamber, 328-5444 or Brian Horrell, 887-1622.
* Southeast Missouri State camps: The Southeast Missouri State women's soccer program will host camps for players between the ages 6 to 14. They will be conducted by Southeast coach Heather Nelson, assistant coach Paul Nelson as well as current and former Redhawks players. The Perryville camp, held at the Bank of Missouri soccer complex, will run from June 11 to 13 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. There will be a camp from June 16 to 18 at Shawnee Park Field 12 that runs from 9 to 11:30 a.m. There will be a camp from July 29 to Aug. 1 at Shawnee Park Field 12 that runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. There will be a camp from Aug. 4 to 6 at Shawnee Park Field 12 that runs from 9 to 11:30 a.m. There will be a camp from Aug. 6 to 8 at Shawnee Park Field 12 that runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Cost: $50 per camp. Info: Paul Nelson, 986-6014.
* CATA annual meeting: The Cape Area Tennis Association will hold its annual meeting Wednesday. The agenda includes a tennis mixer, pizza dinner and community meeting with election of board members. Deadline: Monday. Info: Donna Ryan, 332-1614.
* Social doubles: The Cape Area Tennis Association will sponsor Saturday morning social doubles at the Southeast Missouri State tennis courts. Play starts June 7 and drop-in play begins at 9 a.m. Info: Donna Ryan, 332-1614.
* Junior league: The Cape Area Tennis Association will sponsor a junior league for ages 10 to 14 at the Southeast Missouri State tennis courts. The league begins June 7. Boys and girls must be able to serve, rally and score on their own. Play begins at 9 a.m. Info: Donna Ryan, 332-1614.
* Southeast Missouri State camps: The Southeast Missouri State volleyball program will host several camps. They will be conducted by Southeast coach Renata Nowacki, assistant coach Jeremiah Larsen as well as current and former Redhawks players. An all-skills camp will be June 8 through 10 for grades 4 through 8 and June 11 through 13 for grades 9 through 12. Times are 6 to 9 p.m. daily. Cost is $150 for day campers (lunch and dinner provided) and $190 for resident campers (all meals and dorm provided). A serving/passing clinic for ages 12 through 18 will be June 16, a setting/attacking clinic for ages 12 through 18 will be June 17, and a blocking/defense clinic for ages 12 through 18 will be June 18. Cost of each clinic is $55, with all three for $125. A Li'l Rowdy's Clinic for ages 8 through 12 will be June 19 from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost: $55. Info: 651-2563 or 651-2113.
* Central camps: Central will host a volleyball camp for girls entering grades 8 to 12 from June 4 to 6. It will run from 9 to 11:30 a.m. The camp for girls entering grades 3 through 7 will run from 1 to 3 p.m. on the same dates. Coach Charity Huff will lead the camp. Cost: $40, which includes a T-shirt. Info: Charity Huff, 335-8467 or 335-8228.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail before noon each Wednesday to be included in the calendar.