- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Reporter asked to testify in rapper trial
CHICAGO -- A judge says Chicago Sun-Times lawyers have a week to respond to a motion asking for a reporter to testify at rapper R. Kelly's child pornography trial.
The defense wants to call Jim DeRogatis to ask how he got a sex tape in 2002 that's now the center of the trial.
Defense attorneys also want to know if DeRogatis copied the videotape. A lawyer for the Sun-Times says DeRogatis' actions should be privileged under the First Amendment.
The judge says he'll make a ruling May 30th.
Kelly has pleaded not guilty to the charges.