- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Strong earthquake kills 3 in Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia -- A strong earthquake has shaken Colombia's capital, killing three people and injuring eight.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude 5.6 quake started around 1:20 p.m. Saturday afternoon and lasted for 40 seconds. The quake was centered about 33 miles southeast of Bogota.
Colombian Interior Minister Carlos Holguin confirmed that three people were killed and eight injured.
Phone systems were down briefly.