- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Strong earthquake kills 3 in Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia -- A strong earthquake has shaken Colombia's capital, killing three people and injuring eight.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude 5.6 quake started around 1:20 p.m. Saturday afternoon and lasted for 40 seconds. The quake was centered about 33 miles southeast of Bogota.
Colombian Interior Minister Carlos Holguin confirmed that three people were killed and eight injured.
Phone systems were down briefly.