- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Strong earthquake kills 3 in Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia -- A strong earthquake has shaken Colombia's capital, killing three people and injuring eight.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude 5.6 quake started around 1:20 p.m. Saturday afternoon and lasted for 40 seconds. The quake was centered about 33 miles southeast of Bogota.
Colombian Interior Minister Carlos Holguin confirmed that three people were killed and eight injured.
Phone systems were down briefly.