- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)16
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)10
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Strong earthquake kills 3 in Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia -- A strong earthquake has shaken Colombia's capital, killing three people and injuring eight.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude 5.6 quake started around 1:20 p.m. Saturday afternoon and lasted for 40 seconds. The quake was centered about 33 miles southeast of Bogota.
Colombian Interior Minister Carlos Holguin confirmed that three people were killed and eight injured.
Phone systems were down briefly.