- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Heisel wins Kimbeland Ladies Day event
Karen Heisel was medalist at the Ladies Day event at Kimbeland Country Club.
Lillian Schneider won A flight, Dorothy Holland finished first in B flight and Mary Rose James claimed C flight.
Local golfers compete in MWGA Senior tourney
Cape Girardeau golfers finished second through fifth in the two-day Missouri Women's Golf Association Senior tournament last week at Terre Du Lac Country Club in Bonne Terre.
Margaret Sanders (86-87--173) placed second in A flight, followed by Vicki Long (85-88--173), Alice Temm (89-86--175) and Barbara Johnson (91-84--175).
Lillian Schneider (85-95--180) of Jackson placed ninth.
Johnson won the longest drive in A flight, while Schneider won the Marguerite Cameron Trophy for the low net score in the first round.
Deanna Estes (101-87--188) of Cape Girardeau won B flight.
Trio wins Rally for a Cure tournament
Patty Robinson, Carol Miller and Brenda Vandenbrook won the Rally for a Cure golf tournament, hosted by Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The tournament, a fundraising event for breast cancer awareness, was attended by members of Dalhousie Golf Club, Kimbeland Country Club, Kennett Country Club and Westwood Hills.
Carol Weinrich, Shirley Moore and Betty Michel captured B flight.
Shirley Talley and Miller won the longest-putt holes; Robinson and Robyn Young and Dana Underwood won the closest-to-the-pin holes.
Stoverink, Massa win horseshoe event
Cori Stoverink and Mike Massa teamed to win the Southeast Missouri Horseshoe Association tournament at the Backyard Horseshoe Club in Glenallen.
Carolyn Schreckenberg and Mike DeVault teamed to take second, while the team of Virgil Schreckenberg and James Tillis finished third.
Wickham scores hole in one
Jackson's Herb Wickham has played golf for 50 years.
He finally recorded his first hole in one.
The 74-year old used a 5-wood to ace No. 18 at Kimbeland Country Club. The hole was playing 128 yards.
Ed Lewis, Dub Suedekum and Jerry Suedekum witnessed the shot.
Boren records ace at Kimbeland
Cape Girardeau's Bill Boren scored his third career hole in one when he aced hole No. 4 at Kimbeland Country Club.
Boren used a 9-iron, and the hole was playing 134 yards.
Jack Evans and Jesse Eaker witnessed the shot.
Haas wins Chip A Ways golf outing
JoEllen Haas took first place in the A flight of the weekly Cape Chip A Ways golf outing.
Jean Graham won the B flight, while Carolyn Blechle had the low putts and Sharon Dow recorded the play of the day.
-- From staff reports