- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Marc D. Marlin, 55, of Jackson died Wednesday, May 21, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 22, 1953, in Cape Girardeau, son of Gilbert and Dorothy McLeod Marlin. He and Julie Popp were married Nov. 10, 1990, in Cape Girardeau.
Marlin served in the Navy from 1971 to 1984.
He was a respiratory therapist many years.
Survivors include his wife, Julie Marlin; a brother, Van Marlin of Cape Girardeau; a brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Matthew and Roxann Popp; two nieces, Hannah and McKenna; and his faithful companions, Samantha and Molly, his Labrador retrievers.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Marc was an avid outdoorsman where he loved to fish, accompanied by Samantha and Molly.
There is no visitation.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.