- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Country living defined
This 1 1/2-story home on 15 acres has two ponds stocked with bluegill, catfish and bass, a dog kennel for eight, potting shed, chicken coop, fenced backyard and wisteria arbor. The circular drive is adorned with landscaping and a wishing well that give a friendly first impression. The property has a spring-fed creek at the back.
A breezeway between the home and oversized two-car garage is the spot to be when spending time outdoors in the summer. The screened-in back porch makes an ideal outdoor dining room. The concrete front porch is roomy and has a gate for keeping children and pets within the area.
In the Woodland School District, this five-bedroom home is 10 minutes from Marble Hill, Mo. Telephone and cable hookups are in every room. An outside wood furnace and a forced-air electric furnace and central air are all zoned for specific environmental controls.
The new, dark laminate flooring in the kitchen, living room and hallway gives the illusion of a wood floor with outstanding shine.
Four similar-sized bedrooms are accessed from the main-level hallway. Two of the bedrooms are adjoining -- perfect for a nursery set-up.
The spacious living room is enhanced by a cathedral ceiling and wood-burning fireplace. The fireplace mantel is brick, accented by a long mantel shelf.
The stainless-steel kitchen stove and refrigerator, both about four years old, are included in the purchase. The kitchen also includes plenty of oak cabinets plus storage and seating at the center island. Lighting in the eat-in kitchen and a Tiffany window film on the breezeway door add elegant touches.
The corner sink is flanked by two windows that overlook a lovely backyard. A utility hookup is just off the kitchen where a pantry and half-bath with pocket door are accessed. A door to the screened-in back porch is in the utility room.
Upstairs is the master bedroom suite complete with library, its own sitting area with gas fireplace, walk-in closet and adjoining bathroom. A double cathedral ceiling in the master bedroom creates an impressive space. The arched window with Tiffany window film adds to the room's style.
The library also has an arched window, cathedral ceiling and storage space in the wall. Wildlife sightings from this area are abundant.
An oversized Jacuzzi tub is in the adjoining bathroom, which also includes a linen closet, double vanity and private commode. A pocket door and storage area are included in the commode area.
The lower level includes a full bath, utility room with cabinets and shelving, a bedroom, family room and sportsman's room with adjoining walk-in closet.
The family room and bedroom include patio doors accessing the yard. A covered porch outside the family room is a useful spot to barbecue in inclement weather.
335-6611, extension 133
About this home
* Address: Rural Glenallen
* Price: $267,500
* Real estate agent: Century 21 Marble Hill
* Open house: Shown by appointment