- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
TAMMS, Ill. — Charles H. "Sonny" Brown, 78, of Tamms, formerly of Mounds, Ill., passed away at 9:47 p.m. Friday, May 23, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Jan. 31, 1930, at Unity, Ill., son of the late Hugh Brown and Margaret (Ray) Brown.
He was a member of the First Baptist Church in Mounds, a Korean War Army veteran and a retired electrician with the Union Carbide Company in Kevil, Ky. He retired in December 1985, and was an avid fisherman.
Sonny married the former Jean Mahan on June 27, 1952.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Ina Mae Rice.
Survivors include his wife, Jean (Mahan) Brown of Tamms, two daughters and sons-in-law, Charlotte Brown Kyllenon and David of Tamms, Valerie Kay Brown Davis and Ricky of Cape Girardeau; one son, Rodney L. Brown and LaDonna Brown of La Center, Ky.; one sister, Mary Dillow and her husband Van of Tamms; one brother, Dallas Brown and his wife, Bonnie, of Farmington, Mo.; six grandchildren, Jennifer Dabbs, Cody Seigart, Joe and Charles Jerrod Guidi, Shannon Waldon and Christy Skirvin; six great-grandchildren, Riley Rae and Charles Jason Dabbs, Michael and Ella Waldon and Lauren and Megan Skirvin; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services for Charles H. "Sonny" Brown will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 27, 2008, at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms with the Revs. Buddy Walls and Tom Bridges officiating. Interment will follow in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill., with full military honors given by members of the Pulaski County Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8891 of Mounds, American Legion Post 178 of Villa Ridge, Ill., and Cairo VFW Post 2649.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
Jones Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.