- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson restaurant to hold dinner to benefit China earthquake victims
China John's Restaurant in Jackson will host a fundraising dinner buffet Saturday evening to raise money for victims of the recent earthquake that struck the Sichuan province of China.
The owner of the restaurant, John Cai, came up with the idea after he learned that his daughter, a 12-year-old student in Shaoxing, China, had donated $100 to help earthquake victims.
"We're living in a high standard of living," Cai said. "But we cannot forget all the Chinese people. We're thinking about all those people who need help."
Cai has other family and friends in China, but none of them were hurt in the quake.
All proceeds of the event will be donated to the Chinese Red Cross.
China John's Restaurant is at 1815 E. Jackson Blvd.; the buffet will be $15 per person. For more information or for directions, call 204-8312 or 204-8313.