- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Howard Lee Reynolds, 81, of Sikeston died Thursday, May 22, 2008, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born Feb. 10, 1927, in Cape Girardeau County, son of the late Dewey Lee and Emma Kirchoff Reynolds.
He was baptized April 3, 1927, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills by the Rev. A.H. Smidt, pastor, Missouri Synod. His sponsors were Albert Lueders and Mrs. Cletus Irvin (Aunt Rosie Thomas).
Reynolds and Mary Helen Birk were married June 10, 1950, at Zion Lutheran Church in Poplar Bluff, Mo., by the Rev. Alton F. Wedel, pastor. Recorded in Butler County, Mo. Witnesses were Betty Jean Birk and Lee Edward Myer.
Howard Lee joined Concordia Lutheran Church in Sikeston April 22, 1956. W.E. Lauterbach was pastor. "Blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it." Luke 11:28 (confirmation verse).
Howard was called into the Air Force on Oct. 30, 1951, and served until Oct. 29, 1955.
In January 1956, he joined Malone & Hyde Wholesale Grocers when they opened their doors Feb. 1, 1956. He retired from Malone & Hyde March 1, 1990. Following retirement, Howard enjoyed traveling, camping, fishing and spending time with his grandchildren and neighbors.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Helen Reynolds, Oct. 18, 2005, and a son, Robert Lynn Reynolds, Jan. 30, 2002.
Survivors include three sons and daughters-in-law, Randy and Janet Reynolds of Nashua, N.H., Doug and Kay Reynolds of Tupelo, Miss., Scott and Beth Reynolds of Sikeston; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Margie and Ray Waldrup of Kelso, Mo., Delores and Gary Estes of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren, Sam and his wife Jennifer, Matthew, Kathryn, Addie, Jacob, Eli and Zachary Reynolds.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home.
The funeral will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Concordia Lutheran Church. Burial will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Concordia Lutheran Church Life Center, 836 Park Ave., Sikeston, Mo., 63801, or Sikeston Jaycee Dialysis Unit, 1008 N. Main St., Sikeston, Mo., 63801.