- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Pleasant Hill Day planned for Sunday
The annual Pleasant Hill Day will be held Sunday by the Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Cemetery Association in Fruitland. Worship will be at 11 a.m. followed by a basket dinner on the grounds. Families are asked to bring their own table service, folding tables and lawn chairs. The guest speaker will be Deb Tracy, who is in training to be a certified lay speaker. Those who cannot attend but wish to make a contribution for the upkeep of the cemetery and building may send it to Ruth Tinnin, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Apt. 107, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.
United Way looking for vacation Bible schools
Churches that plan to provide to transportation to their vacation Bible school sessions and who are reaching out to the children of the community are asked to call the United Way at 334-9634 to be included in the United Way's city guide calendar.
Memorial service will be at Barks Chapel
Barks Chapel Church of Crump will have a memorial service at 11 a.m. Sunday. The Rev. Frank Shanks will be the speaker. A covered basket lunch will follow.
Churches plan revival and homecoming
* First Southern Baptist Church of Diehlstadt, Mo., will hold a revival with brother David Miller from Hebrew Springs, Ark., May 29 through June 1. Services are at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
* Homecoming will be held June 1 at Fairview General Baptist Church, Highway 25 north of Advance, Mo., on County Road 253. Singers will be Saved By Grace. Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. worship service at 11 a.m., dinner at noon and afternoon singing at 1:30 p.m.
Events at First Baptist Church of Cape
* 7 p.m. today: Chinese Bible study at the Baptist Student Center, 909 Normal Ave. For more information, call 335-6489.
* 9:30 a.m. Sunday: The Gathering: Contemporary praise and worship with a Bible study for young adults.
* 10:45 a.m. Sunday: worship service; special speaker Bob Phillips will deliver the sermon "For Your Tomorrows, We Gave Our Today" from Isaiah 46:9.
* 6:15 p.m. Wednesday: adult Bible study with Dr. Ron Winstead: Luke 13:18-35; Kids' Club with Whitney Thomason; video-based Bible study with Tony Campolo.
Zion United holding Memorial Day supper
Zion United Methodist Church will hold its annual Memorial Day supper at 4 p.m. Monday. The church is three miles west of Gordonville at routes Z and OO. Children 5 and younger eat free.
-- From staff reports
Please submit items for church briefs/calendar by noon Thursday for Saturday publication.