- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Mollie Callie Blumenberg, 88, of East Prairie died Saturday, July 31, 2004, in the East Prairie Nursing Center.
She was born Nov. 21, 1915, at Caruthersville, Mo., daughter of the late Harvey Lee and Loula Janie Crice Arington. She and Roy R. Blumenberg Sr. were married April 12, 1939.
Blumenberg was a member of the First Church of God in East Prairie.
Survivors include her husband; three sons and daughters-in-law, Rick and Carol Blumenberg of Bridgman, Mich., Barry and Debbie Blumenberg Sr. of East Prairie and Tony and Sherry Blumenberg of Rochelle, Ill.; three daughters and two sons-in-law, Mollie Jenne and Dallas Edwards of Olmsted, Ill., Patty Rose Krauss of East Prairie and Betty Carolyn and Jim Britt of Jackson; three brothers and sisters-in-law, Harvey Linvil and Ruth Arington of Orlando, Fla., Arlie C. and Hazel Arington of Cucamonga, Calif., and Billy V. and Marjorie Arington of Dogwood, Mo.; three sisters and one brother-in-law, Josephine M. Hendrix of Kennett, Mo., Dalvie I. Blumenberg of Clinton, Ky., and Allene and Lindsey Baker of East Prairie; one brother-in-law, Dave Hodge of East Prairie; and one sister-in-law, Vashti Arington of East Prairie; 18 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; and a host of relatives and many friends.
She was preceded in death by stepson Charles Lloyd, brother John Arington and four sisters, Fannie M. Lay, Patty L. Baker, Janie L. Hucheson and Vivian Hodge.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home at East Prairie.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Rob Kespelher officiating. Burial will follow in the East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Barry Glenn Blumenberg Jr., Louis Krauss, Chris Britt, Matthew Britt, Wade Skees, Eric Skees and Jerry Blumenberg.
Memorial contributions to be made to Alzheimer's Research or to the First Church of God, 320 N. Washington St., East Prairie, Mo. 63845.