- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
Odds and Ends
'Girlie men' shirts a hit in California
SAN FRANCISCO -- "Girlie men" are wearing their party pride.
San Francisco-based fashion designer Sarah Lefton created baseball style T-shirts that read "Sacramento Girlie Men," and they are selling like mad.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger made the now-famous put-down of Democratic lawmakers during a July 17 rally, using the "Saturday Night Live" phrase to chide the legislators for what he considered as caving in to special interests.
Orders for the shirts have come in from as far away as Ireland, Lefton said. They sell for $24, and Lefton promises to donate 20 percent to the state Democratic Party.
-- From wire reports