- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lynn and Cheryl Corn of Scott City announce the engagement of their daughter, Sara Lynn Corn, to Andrew Neal Callis. He is the son of Ken and Leah Callis of Jackson and Gail and Dean Smithmier of Farmington, Mo.
Corn is a graduate of Scott City High School. She received a bachelor's degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003. She is a fourth grade teacher in the Scott City School District.
Callis is a graduate of Jackson High School. He expects to receive a bachelor's degree in health management from Southeast in August. He is completing an internship at Main Street Fitness in Jackson.
An Aug. 7 wedding is planned at Red Star Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.