- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Alaina Marie Bowers and Kenneth Paul Gaebler Jr. were married May 15, 2004, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Douglas Breite performed the ceremony. Organist was Nancy Bone and vocalist was Kristina Criddle.
Parents of the bride are James and Jane Bowers of Whitewater. The groom is the son of Ken Gaebler Sr. of Delta and June Miller of Tampa, Fla.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Matron of honor was Angela McDaniel, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Ami Andrews, cousin of the bride; Heather Elfrink and Keri Wren.
The groom chose his brother, Chris Adkins, as best man. Groomsmen were Jason McDaniel, brother-in-law of the bride; Shawn Kinder and Garret DeBrock.
Candlelighters were Grayson Glueck Jr., nephew of the bride, and Harley Criddle, cousin of the bride.
Flower girl was Ashley Andrews, cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Clayton McDaniel, nephew of the bride.
Vicky Adkins, sister of the groom, was guest book and program attendant.
Following the ceremony, a dinner reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
Mrs. Gaebler is a 1997 graduate of Delta High School. She received a bachelor's degree in child development and early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed at Kids Korner Daycare and Infant Center.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Delta High School, and attended Southeast University. He is employed at Dana Corp.
After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple resides in Whitewater.