- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
KELSO, Mo. -- Virginia Spantgos-Cherry, 78, of Salisbury, N.C., died Monday, July 26, 2004, at Brian Center in Salisbury.
She was born July 6, 1926, in Boone, N.C., daughter of Edward and Mary Nell Hopkins Norrie. She and James George Spantgos were married Nov. 5, 1942, in Richlands, Va. He died Jan. 4, 1974. She later married Charles Cherry in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Survivors include two sons, Jim Spantgos of Kelso, George Spantgos of Charlotte, N.C.; a daughter, Judy Williams of Mocksville, N.C.; two stepchildren; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, a son and a brother.
A family service will be held Saturday on Grandfather Mountain.
Adams Funeral Home in Taylorsville, N.C., is in charge of arrangements.