- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Stabbing death can't be justified
To the editor:
I have heard enough about Red Gate and the underage drinking. Is it really the underage drinking that everyone should be focused on? A lot of that goes on, but to hear someone say our police officers don't do their jobs and let it happen is ridiculous. The real problem isn't underage drinking, and that isn't what people should be focused on.
People have no idea the profound impact Chad Chaney's death has had on the people who knew and loved him. Chad gave his life for his cousins. To even try to justify an act as violent and horrendous as that is what is wrong.
I hope the person responsible for this is in jail for the rest of his life thinking every day about the warm, loving, gentle angel he took from this earth
MICHELLE BROYLES, Scott City