- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Stabbing death can't be justified
To the editor:
I have heard enough about Red Gate and the underage drinking. Is it really the underage drinking that everyone should be focused on? A lot of that goes on, but to hear someone say our police officers don't do their jobs and let it happen is ridiculous. The real problem isn't underage drinking, and that isn't what people should be focused on.
People have no idea the profound impact Chad Chaney's death has had on the people who knew and loved him. Chad gave his life for his cousins. To even try to justify an act as violent and horrendous as that is what is wrong.
I hope the person responsible for this is in jail for the rest of his life thinking every day about the warm, loving, gentle angel he took from this earth
MICHELLE BROYLES, Scott City