- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)2
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Stabbing death can't be justified
To the editor:
I have heard enough about Red Gate and the underage drinking. Is it really the underage drinking that everyone should be focused on? A lot of that goes on, but to hear someone say our police officers don't do their jobs and let it happen is ridiculous. The real problem isn't underage drinking, and that isn't what people should be focused on.
People have no idea the profound impact Chad Chaney's death has had on the people who knew and loved him. Chad gave his life for his cousins. To even try to justify an act as violent and horrendous as that is what is wrong.
I hope the person responsible for this is in jail for the rest of his life thinking every day about the warm, loving, gentle angel he took from this earth
MICHELLE BROYLES, Scott City