- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Stabbing death can't be justified
To the editor:
I have heard enough about Red Gate and the underage drinking. Is it really the underage drinking that everyone should be focused on? A lot of that goes on, but to hear someone say our police officers don't do their jobs and let it happen is ridiculous. The real problem isn't underage drinking, and that isn't what people should be focused on.
People have no idea the profound impact Chad Chaney's death has had on the people who knew and loved him. Chad gave his life for his cousins. To even try to justify an act as violent and horrendous as that is what is wrong.
I hope the person responsible for this is in jail for the rest of his life thinking every day about the warm, loving, gentle angel he took from this earth
MICHELLE BROYLES, Scott City