- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Stabbing death can't be justified
To the editor:
I have heard enough about Red Gate and the underage drinking. Is it really the underage drinking that everyone should be focused on? A lot of that goes on, but to hear someone say our police officers don't do their jobs and let it happen is ridiculous. The real problem isn't underage drinking, and that isn't what people should be focused on.
People have no idea the profound impact Chad Chaney's death has had on the people who knew and loved him. Chad gave his life for his cousins. To even try to justify an act as violent and horrendous as that is what is wrong.
I hope the person responsible for this is in jail for the rest of his life thinking every day about the warm, loving, gentle angel he took from this earth
MICHELLE BROYLES, Scott City