- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- V. Ione Barks, 94, of Marble Hill died Sunday, July 25, 2004, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
She was born Dec. 4, 1909, in Alliance, Mo., daughter of Benjamin F. and Alvina C. Kuhlman Johnson. She and Lawrence Leon Barks were married Nov. 24, 1936. He died Feb. 28, 1995.
Barks was a member, historian and former elder at Patton Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include a son, Donald Barks of Marble Hill; a brother, Lloyd Johnson of Sedgewickville, Mo.; a sister, Zola Dolle of the state of Colorado; two granddaughters; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and four sisters.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo., from 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Donald Blaylock and James Collins officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.