- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
BERTRAND, Mo. -- Wanda A. Northern, 67, of Bertrand died Sunday, July 25, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Aug. 26, 1936, in Mississippi County, daughter of William A. and Lola Irene Slinkard Howton.
Northern was a licensed practical nurse several years with VNA Private Duty Nursing Services. She was a member of Cornerstone General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Bobby Northern of Sikeston, Robbin Northern of Marble Hill, Mo.; two daughters, Angela Fabing of Farmington, Mo., Sandra Orcutt of Cape Girardeau; a brother, William Howton of Wyoming, Del.; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lee Fansler officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.