- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)6
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Vanity tag nets slew of parking tickets for driver
WILMINGTON, Del. -- A vanity license tag chosen as a gag has left its owner holding the bag.
Jim Cara thought the "NOTAG" plate he got for his Suzuki motorcycle would give people a laugh. Instead, he found that the joke -- along with more than 200 parking violations -- was on him.
The new tag arrived in the mail Saturday, along with an avalanche of city parking violations.
Officials said city computers linked to state Division of Motor Vehicles computers finally found an address for ticketed vehicles that lacked license tags: Cara's home in Elsmere.
Cara, 43, who works for the American Motorcycle Association, said he's been a lifelong prankster.
This time, though, "the cleanup is going to be worse than the joke," he said.