- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Victim was kind and sweet man
To the editor:
This is about the party at Red Gate in Scott City. I was not there, but I know every one of the men who was out there. Chad Chaney was one of the sweetest, kindest men I know. Both of my daughters were around him all the time. Never once was he ever disrespectful to them or to me for that matter. He always helped out whenever he could. Sure, he did party, but he was only 22 years old.
But to hear people defend Robert Grant by saying he used his knife because the others were beating on him is wrong. Chaney was protecting his cousin. Grant should have left after he was asked to leave..
MELISSA BROYLES, Scott City