- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Victim was kind and sweet man
To the editor:
This is about the party at Red Gate in Scott City. I was not there, but I know every one of the men who was out there. Chad Chaney was one of the sweetest, kindest men I know. Both of my daughters were around him all the time. Never once was he ever disrespectful to them or to me for that matter. He always helped out whenever he could. Sure, he did party, but he was only 22 years old.
But to hear people defend Robert Grant by saying he used his knife because the others were beating on him is wrong. Chaney was protecting his cousin. Grant should have left after he was asked to leave..
MELISSA BROYLES, Scott City