- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)13
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Victim was kind and sweet man
To the editor:
This is about the party at Red Gate in Scott City. I was not there, but I know every one of the men who was out there. Chad Chaney was one of the sweetest, kindest men I know. Both of my daughters were around him all the time. Never once was he ever disrespectful to them or to me for that matter. He always helped out whenever he could. Sure, he did party, but he was only 22 years old.
But to hear people defend Robert Grant by saying he used his knife because the others were beating on him is wrong. Chaney was protecting his cousin. Grant should have left after he was asked to leave..
MELISSA BROYLES, Scott City