- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Victim was kind and sweet man
To the editor:
This is about the party at Red Gate in Scott City. I was not there, but I know every one of the men who was out there. Chad Chaney was one of the sweetest, kindest men I know. Both of my daughters were around him all the time. Never once was he ever disrespectful to them or to me for that matter. He always helped out whenever he could. Sure, he did party, but he was only 22 years old.
But to hear people defend Robert Grant by saying he used his knife because the others were beating on him is wrong. Chaney was protecting his cousin. Grant should have left after he was asked to leave..
MELISSA BROYLES, Scott City