- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
'Young Black Stallion' coming to St. Louis
ST. LOUIS -- Walt Disney's first dramatic feature made specifically for an Imax theater is coming to St. Louis' Omnimax Theater today. "The Young Black Stallion" follows the character Neera, a girl separated from her father and left in the desert until she befriends a colt named Shetan. The Omnimax is in the St. Louis Science Center, 5050 Oakland Ave. For tickets, call (314) 289-4464.
Auditions for upcoming shows held in Branson
BRANSON, Mo. -- The White House Theatre in Branson, Mo., is holding auditions for support-cast performers for stage shows and television projects. The theater is home of "The Magnificent 7 p.m. Show" and the nationally televised "Showcase Jubilee." Auditions are for males and females, but singing and dancing ability is essential. A resume, headshot and video or audio recording will be requested prior to an audition. For information, call Renee Johnson at (417) 239-3016 or (877) 487-2386.
Notre Dame workshop will teach acting methods
From Monday through Friday, instructor Danny Strohmeyer and Notre Dame Regional High School drama students will lead a workshop for students entering third through eighth grade. Students will learn to control their bodies and expressions and work on stage direction and character development. Classes are from 9 a.m. to noon. For information or to register, call 335-6772.
Entries sought for juried art competition
Artists living within a 175-mile radius of Cape Girardeau can enter a juried competition of regional artwork, sponsored by the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri. Winners will have their work featured in the Borders Regional Juried Exhibition in November. The deadline for slide entries is Sept. 13. Call 334-9233.
Chappelle coming to Cape Girardeau
Dave Chappelle, comedian and star of Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show," is coming to the Show Me Center Sept. 9 as part of "The Grassroots Tour." Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. Aug. 2 and can be purchased at the box office, 1333 N. Sprigg St., by phone at 651-5000 or online at www.tickets.com.
-- From staff reports