- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)12
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Floyd Segers, 57, of Oran died Wednesday, July 21, 2004, in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born Nov. 23, 1946, at Bell City, Mo., son of Willie and Virginia Pullen Segers. He and Ella Smoot were married June 12, 1965.
Segers was employed more than 28 years at Procter & Gamble in Cape Girardeau, retiring in 1997. He was affiliated with Divine Temple True Church of God in Oran and was Sunday school superintendent.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Johnathan and LaRone Segers of Oran; four daughters, Florella Segers of Oran, Rosetta Trip and Ramona Howard of St. Louis, Jackie Jones of Aliceville, Ala.; a brother, William Segers of St. Louis; four sisters, Ora Bell and Mary Sisson of Oran, Leisa Segers of St. Louis, Jerlean Winston of Marion, Ind.; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Green Memorial Church of God in Christ.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Anthony Green officiating. Burial will be Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield.
Williams Funeral Home of Sikeston is in charge of arrangements.