- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Festus Wardell Beal, 95, of Minneapolis, Minn., formerly of Jackson, died Sunday, July 18, 2004, at Walker Methodist Health Care Center in Minneapolis.
He was born March 13, 1909, in Jackson, son of Frank and Bertha Barber Beal. He and Betty Idella Lewis were married Dec. 5, 1935. She died Sept. 6, 1996.
Beal had been a driver for Adams Coal Co., and later worked at Blick's. He was a member of St. John AME Church in Jackson.
Survivors include two daughters, Marilyn Swan and Saundra Beal of Minneapolis; a sister, Alberteen Lawler of Minneapolis; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister and a grandson.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmy Merity officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.