- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Out of the past 7/22/04
10 years ago: July 22, 1994
More development is underway in Cape Girardeau's thriving west end; new McDonald's restaurant and service station and convenience store is under construction at intersection of Sievers Drive and Route K; work also is underway to develop site of former Howard Johnson Motor Lodge, near Interstate 55 and Route K intersection.
David Beeson of Jackson is new president of 32nd Judicial Circuit Bar Association; he is member of Buerkle, Beeson and Ludwig law firm of Jackson.
25 years ago: July 22, 1979
"Methodist Heritage Sunday" is observed at Millersville United Methodist Church with all-day celebration; regular church service in morning is followed by basket dinner; special speaker at afternoon program is Fred M. Wilferth of Millersville.
Notre Dame High School has hired former Bulldog star Don Maurer as its new basketball coach; Maurer replaces Ed Arnzen, who resigned recently to become Southeast Missouri State University's assistant coach.
50 years ago: July 22, 1954
Workers are clearing away charred debris of quarter-mile-long railroad trestle between Allenville and Diversion Channel on Missouri Pacific line to Delta; trestle, which provided approach over low ground to steel bridge spanning the channel, was destroyed by fire July 14.
Dr. Paul E. Kratz, recent newcomer to Cape Girardeau, is now associated with Dr. D.B. Elrod at 1912 Broadway; Kratz, native of Carrollton, Mo., received his medical degree from University of Pennsylvania in 1944.
75 years ago: July 22, 1929
Formation of Cahill-Moore Motor Co., and securing of Ford automobile agency at Poplar Bluff by new firm are announced; Guy E. Cahill, formerly office manager for Groves Motor Co., at Cape Girardeau, Herbert Moore, salesman, and Fred A. Groves, will hold stock in company.
Unidentified man, about 50 years old, is instantly killed when he is struck by fast Frisco southbound Sunnyland passenger train near International Shoe Co. plant; in his possession is Bible inscribed to Lee Taylor Dodson.
-- Sharon K. Sanders