- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Larry R. Modglin, 57, of Mounds died Monday, July 19, 2004, at his home.
He was born June 24, 1947, in Cairo, Ill., son of Raymond and Agnes Berry Modglin.
Formerly of Tamms, Ill., he was a former village marshal at Tamms, and former member of Cairo Police Department. He retired after 27 years as control room operator with Tamms Department of Corrections.
Modglin was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War.
Survivors include a daughter, Laura Smith of Cairo; a brother, Roy Modglin of Mounds; a sister, Betty Parrish of Marion, Ky.; three stepbrothers, Louis, Charles and Richard Wilson of Mounds; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating. Burial will be in National Cemetery at Mound City, Ill., with full military honors by Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 of Mounds.