- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area calendar 7/22/04
Central summer camps: Central High School will offer a team camp for athletes entering grades 9-12, Monday through July 29, with 6-8 p.m. sessions at the high school ($10 fee). Info: 334-8091.
Perryville summer camps: Perryville camp for athletes entering grades 7-8 will be Wednesday and July 29 (5-6:30 p.m.).There is no cost.
Central physicals: Students who plan to participate in athletics for Central High School may attend one of two sessions to receive physicals. They will be offered July 29 at Central High School and Aug. 3 at Central Junior High. Sessions will be 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day. Cost is $15.
CAYSA registration: The Cape Area Youth Soccer Association will conduct registration noon-5 p.m. Sunday at Westfield Shoppingtown West Park. Forms available at Howard's Sporting Goods and Nearly Perfect Shoes. Teams will be formed and parents notified the week of Aug. 19. Fees for fall are $18 for pre-kindergarten and $28 for players in grades K-8. Registration ends July 30. Info: Marty and Denise Hendershott, 794-2435, or Eric Goeckeler, 332-0899.
JAOSA registration: Jackson recreational soccer league registrations will be 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Nearly Perfect Shoes in Jackson. Registration deadline is July 31. Divisions for prekindergarten through eighth grade; players must be 4 years old on or before Aug. 1 for the pre-K league. Fee is $30. Also, a MYSA coaches clinic with certification for a Class F license will be 6-9 p.m. Wednesday at Jackson City Park, pavilion No. 3. The fee is $35.
Coed tournament: A one-day, coed slow-pitch softball tournament is scheduled for Saturday on the men's field at Jackson City Park. The entry deadline is today, and the entry fee is $125 per team. Five home run limit. Info: Karen, 579-6428, or Matt, 450-5306.
CATA programs: The Cape Area Tennis Association will offer the Cape Tennis Training Camp, Monday through July 29, for high school girls ($55). Info: Donna Ryan, 243-6246.
Summer camps: Central High School offers a volleyball camp Monday through July 30 for students entering grades 7-12. Info: 335-8467.
Sand tournament: The third annual 4-on-4 Sand Blast Volleyball Tournament, presented by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, will be Sunday at Arena Park. The coed tournament has a $63 entry fee. Check-in is 9 a.m. and the tournament begins at 10 a.m. Cash prizes for first through third place. Registration deadline is noon Friday. Info: Amy Roth at 334-2859 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area listings appear free each Thursday. Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail by noon Wednesday to be included in the calendar for the following day's edition.