- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Schnase named new Methodist leader for Missouri
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The Rev. Robert Schnase has been assigned as the new United Methodist Church bishop for Missouri, the church said.
Schnase comes to Missouri from McAllen, Texas, where he was pastor of First United Methodist Church. As Missouri bishop, he succeeds Ann Brookshire Sherer, who was assigned to the church's Nebraska conference.
"Our denomination faces many challenges," Schnase, 46, said. "We need to figure out how to adapt to those challenges. We need to create congregations where people feel welcome."
The new assignments for Schnase and Sherer were decided last week at a church conference in Corpus Christi, Texas. The 8.3 million-member denomiation in the nation's third-largest.