- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Son to Billy Lynn Abernathy Jr. and Sheena Rae Wyatt of Benton, Mo., St. Francis Medical Center, 6 a.m. Tuesday, July 13, 2004. Name, Tristin Skylar. Weight, 6 pounds 9 ounces. First child. Ms. Wyatt is the daughter of John and Karla Wyatt of Scott City. She is employed at Burger King. Abernathy is the son of Cindy Curtis of Imperial, Mo., and Billy Abernathy Sr. of Morley, Mo.
Daughter to Frederick Paul and Melissa Lynne Edwards of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 8:26 p.m. Tuesday, July 13, 2004. Name, Lilliana Mary. Weight, 7 pounds 11 ounces. First child. Mrs. Edwards is the former Melissa Birk, daughter of Dan and Lynne Birk of Cape Girardeau. She is a paralegal with Reynolds, Gold and Grosser, P.C. Edwards is the son of Fred and Diane Bricker of St. Joseph, Mo., and Fred and Kathleen Edwards of Kansas City, Mo. He is a patient service technician with Home Medical Supply.
Daughter to Bart A. and Jennifer A. Vandeven of Jackson, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 6:02 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, 2004. Name, Lucy Laine. Weight, 8 pounds 1 ounce. Third child, first daughter. Mrs. Vandeven is the former Jennifer Farmer, daughter of Doug and Sandy Schmidt of Morris, Ill., and Scott Farmer of Ottawa, Ill. She is a student at Southeast Missouri State University. Vandeven is the son of Norbert and Millie Vandeven of Leopold, Mo., and Kevin and Kathy Solts of Boise, Idaho. He is employed at Procter & Gamble.
Son to Marty James and Lori Angela Vines of Benton, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 6:36 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, 2004. Name, Atticus Nolan. Weight, 7 pounds 9 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Vines is the former Lori Ramey, daughter of John Ramey and Jan Ramey of Cape Girardeau. Mr. and Mrs. Vines are teachers at Scott County Central Schools. He is the son of Jim Vines and Bobbie Vines of Sikeston, Mo.
Son to Geoff and Christy Parker of Jackson, St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, 9:27 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, 2004. Name, Henley Allen. Weight, 5 pounds 12 ounces. First child. Mrs. Parker is the former Christy Thompson, daughter of Stan and Kay Thompson of Jackson and Brenda Matlock of Shelbyville, Tenn. She is employed with state of Missouri Disability Determination in Cape Girardeau. Parker is the son of Mike and Dawn Parker of Sikeston, Mo. He is employed at First Missouri State Bank in Jackson.
Daughter to Shawn Patrick and Courtney Michelle McLain of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 11:50 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, 2004. Name, Bailey Reese. Weight, 8 pounds 8 ounces. Third daughter. Mrs. McLain is the former Courtney Langston, daughter of Steve Langston and Paula Langston of Cape Girardeau. She is a student at Austin Peay State University. McLain is the son of Dave McLain and Phillis McLain of Cape Girardeau. He is an officer in the U.S. Army.