- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Bessie Little, 73, of Chaffee died Monday, July 19, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 24, 1931, in Nashville, Tenn., daughter of William and Tommie Pearl Burke Clifton. She and Charles Edward Little were married Sept. 20, 1947. He died July 5, 1977.
Little was a member of Calvary Baptist Church.
Survivors include five sons, Thomas and Gregory Little of Jackson, David Little of Cape Girardeau, Bobby and Roger Little of Chaffee; five daughters, Gail Heimbach, Donna Schafer and Carol McLemore of Jackson, Paula Flanner of Marble Hill, Mo., Wanda Little of St. Louis; 22 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.