- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Amy Marie Young, 22, of Sikeston died Monday, July 19, 2004, at her home.
She was born July 15, 1982, at Charleston, Mo., daughter of Alvin and Christine Butrum Young.
Young moved to Sikeston three years ago from Fisk, Mo. She was a 2003 graduate of New Dawn State School and a member of New Hope Baptist Church.
Survivors include her mother and stepfather, Christine and Ray Averitt of Sikeston; a brother, Scott Young of Sikeston; a sister, Christi Young of Sikeston; and paternal grandmother, Dorothy Young of Fisk.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel in Sikeston from 10 a.m. to noon today.
A memorial service will be held at noon at the chapel, with the Rev. Dolan Rogers officiating. A graveside service will be at 1 p.m. at Ash Hill Cemetery in Fisk.