- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Erline Davenport, 90, of Chaffee died Monday, July 19, 2004, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Sept. 22, 1913, at Somerville, Ala., daughter of John P. and Claude Goodson Ponder. She and J H "Dick" Davenport were married April 22, 1933. He died May 18, 1968.
Mrs. Davenport retired as a machine operator at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, and later was a self-employed seamstress. She was a member of First United Methodist Church 80 years, United Methodist Women, Morley Order of Eastern Star Chapter 342, 50-year member and past worthy matron of Chaffee Order of Eastern Star Chapter 48, past district deputy grand matron, and B of LF&E Ladies Auxiliary.
Survivors include a son, Tom Davenport of Chaffee; a daughter, Cheryl Spencer of Denver, N.C.; three sisters, Merl Carter and Elsie Phillips of Oran, Mo., Martha Lohnes of Conway, Ark.; nine grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Betty Fadler; three brothers, Sam G. Ponder, Elbert Ponder and Robert Ponder.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4:30 p.m. Thursday. An Order of Eastern Star service will be held at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Richard Combs officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.