- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Source - FBI anthrax probe closes labs
The Associated Press
FREDERICK, Md. -- FBI agents combed laboratory suites at Fort Detrick -- home to the Army's biological warfare defense program -- on Tuesday, and a source said they were again looking for evidence in the 2001 anthrax attacks.
The labs at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases have been closed since Friday, a Fort Detrick spokesman said.
A law-enforcement source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the activity is related to the anthrax mailings that killed five people.