- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edward F. "Eddie" Schumer, 93, of Perryville died Sunday, July 18, 2004, at Perry Oaks Manor.
He was born Jan. 6, 1911, at Millheim, Mo., son of Frank and Mary Zoellner Schumer. He and Wilma M. Lappe were married Nov. 15, 1941.
Schumer was a stitcher at International Shoe Co. 46 years, and was owner/operator of Ed's Shoe Repair Shop 36 years.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, William J. Barnwell Knights of Columbus Council 1263, and booster member of American Legion Post 133, all in Perryville.
Survivors include two daughters, Gloria Gebhardt and Tammy Brown of Perryville; three brothers, Norbert and Leon Schumer of Perryville, Bob Sauer of Moberly, Mo.; four sisters, Leola Lappe of St. Peter's, Mo., Dorothy Barry, Rose Hotop and Ann Schnurbusch of Perryville; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The parish and Knights of Columbus wake service will be at 7 tonight. The rosary will be recited at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in St. Maurus Catholic Cemetery at Biehle, Mo.